"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Teamwork ~ Togetherness ~ Love

No, this is not a Valentine's project as it might seem. We are trying to tame some tensions amoungst two girls that are not used to being around each other ALL THE TIME. Last week I decided to do a bit of a study on the Fruits of the Spirit to promote more peace in the home. The first Fruit of the Spirit we are studying is love. At the end we finished up with a simple craft that they could complete by "working together". The key here is SIMPLE, so that they can do it together and work as a team. I chose to simply hand draw a heart on red construction paper and let the kids glue pink "packing peanuts" on the heart. I told them that they needed to do it together and take turns ... one do the glue ane the other place on a peanut ... then, switch until it is complete. By being nice and kind it would bring them joy and peace. Exercising self-control and having patience are all part of this project, which really incorporates many of the Fruits of the Spirit!!! And without a lot of explanation ... they got it!!! Later Sierra (my irrational one) could be seen skipping through the house and saying, "This is the best day ever, because we are going to be nice to each other." ~~That is how I measure SUCCESS!!~~

***Also, I read a suggestion that you should make sure you take photos of "school" to look back upon in the years to come. I wish I could remember where I read it, so I could give them credit and a big THANKS! What a great tip that is easily overlooked as we hurry to get goals accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)