"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sentence Building Activity

Need a great sentence building activity for your little ones? I think this is the best thing I have come across. Take the 5 minutes to make this one and you are going to love it!

I just did this print-out and just wanted to share another way to do it for those of us that do not have a laminator. I used clear Contact paper to laminate page ONE on the front and back. For page TWO and THREE I simply slid them into the clear shiney page protectors. On page THREE they will be able to draw their picture and then simply wipe it off for their next sentence they build. Note: I did not use the Contact paper for pages TWO and THREE because it is not as easy to wipe away the dry erase on.

I saw this idea on Confessions of a Homeschooler and loved it! I discovered her blog a couple of months back and if I did not have a Pre-K or K Curriculum I would use this as our curriculum (not that I do not like My Father's World, but this one is great, too...). Be sure and read this post about her Terms of Use. She wants her stuff to remain free and wants to give it freely. What an awesome gift!

Revision: I just did this with my five year old, Sierra. Page TWO and THREE can be turned back to back and placed in one page protector. This will save page protectors (and money ... frugal!) and make it easier to store and use.... It becomes just one part! I love LESS (less really is more!). You can also store all your pieces in that same page protector. The other thing I want to point out is that you do not have to feel like you have to do every part of this activity when you do it. If you have a child that is not wanting to do the drawing part or the writing part , then skip that. My daughter drew two of the pictures and wrote one of her sentences and then her "hand was hurting"..... which is the story of our lives here, but I remember sitting in a desk at school and my hand hurting, my rear hurting, etc. and that is not want I want in my homeschool. The wonderful thing is that we can do it "our way". Even without the complete set of skills she got to feel like she was reading... which she was!! This is a great activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)