"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Friday, January 20, 2012

A New Favorite Recipe: Banana Muffins

Pic and recipe taken from The Cookbook Chronicles

I have my own favorite Banana Muffin recipe, but I think it just got replaced! 
One thing we did NOT do was add the cinnamon.  I just do not want cinnamon, but if that is your thing then go for it. 

Lorna’s Banana Bread (or Banana muffins)
Makes 1 loaf of banana bread, or approximately 12 large muffins
The secret to this banana cake is sour cream, an ingredient that renders many baked goods incomparably moist, an a touch of cinnamon.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp kosher salt
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ cup vegetable or canola oil
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups over-ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 large bananas)
1 cup light sour cream, or whole milk yogurt
2 large eggs
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line a 9×5” metal loaf pan. (Or, if making banana muffins, line 12 muffin cups with liners.)
In a bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, brown sugar, and white sugar. Mix in the vanilla extract, mashed bananas, sour cream, and eggs.
Stir in the dry ingredients until combined. Pour the batter into a pan and bake for approximately 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (If baking muffins, fill each lined muffin cup 3/4 of the way, and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes.) Let the banana bread cool for 10 minutes before carefully turning it out on a wire rack.

We also got about 20 regular size muffins out of this.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I would totally add the cinnamon. I'd probably triple it. I'm big on cinnamon. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)