"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jumping into Trim Healthy Mama


While I waited on my book to arrive I change my mind about twice a day.  One minute I was just going to read it and see what it had to say.  The next minute I was all in... And, then I would be saying there was no way.  This went on for two weeks as I waited on my shipment.  A couple of days before the book arrived I finally decided I HAD to stop the excuses and just do it.  I jumped in full force and clueless really.  I just started doing my best and making plenty of mistakes along the way.  I joined a local support group through FaceBook and I was totally on board.  I read that 600 page book in two weeks!  I was all in.  I did not do too many weird foods but I found a few tricks that worked for me and stayed focused on that.  My new motto became: Focus on what you CAN have and not what you CAN'T.  I scheduled my rare cheats and allowed that.  On days I felt deprived I let myself have something I thought I wanted and quickly realized it really was not that wonderful.  I got my sweet fix while detoxing by having an occasional squirt of whipped cream in my mouth or on a THM pancake.  Unless it was scheduled I mostly went off sweets for the first four months.  I had a hard time adjusting to stevia and other sweeteners so just avoiding sweets of all sorts worked best for me.  I dropped 4 pants sizes and 30 pounds in those first four months.  I went from a size 14 down to and 8... I am only 5'3" tall so honestly I am not done, yet.  After that point I began to struggle more.  I still stayed on plan most of the time and during the Summer I lost another 5-8 pounds or something like that, but I kept yo-yoing and just cold not get lower than that.  I was claiming a 35 pound loss.  This past Christmas I went on vacation and for the first time ate freely of any and everything.  I gained 10 pounds which was a bummer as I approached my one year Trimaversary.  That is no good but I have learned to fix the mistakes I make.  As soon as I was back from that vacation I jumped right back in and as I type this right now I have officially lost that vacation weight that I gained.  I am claiming a 32 pound weight loss at this time.  So, this summarizes my story.  Over time I will try to share some things that worked for me and some pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)