"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Busy Then ... Busy Now

FIRST OF ALL, THIS IS WHAT AN ANGEL LOOKS LIKE.... ISN'T SHE HEAVENLY!


Well, I thought I was busy before homeschooling and I totally was. Guess what, though?! I am still busy. I am busy doing special things with my kids, though. Before I was just busy running from one spot to the next and trying to be at all their school stuff with school. I am just not the kind of "sit back kind of parent". I want to be there for my kids... all the parties... have lunch with them... participate in the PTA and other functions. But I have four kids and only two of them are school age. Already it was overwhelming!

I don't know if it is just that I am a "newbie" to homeschooling or if it is just the desires of my heart, but I have found more extra stuff and field trips to do than most people do in a whole year. LOL! Today it was the Stephen Fite concert at the Julie Rogers Theatre that we attended. I just love giving my kids those type of experiences and I have to say that it made me proud to be there with all four of my kids. All of the teachers at my girls former elementary school were there with students and it was a great feeling to know that they saw my kids not missing out on field trips. It is more of a challenge with all my kiddos in tow, but it is so worth it.

I am going to make it.... I guess I will always be busy, though! :)

P.S. The Stephen Fite concert was great and I highly recommend it. You can find out more details at http://www.melodyhousemusic.com/ and call to book individual tickets. You do not have to go as a group and it is only $4.50 per seat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)