"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Life Goals by the Age of EIGHT !

Today we were planning to take our kids to see "Hotel for Dogs". Savannah was so excited and busting at the seams! She is a dog lover. She found out Friday that this movie was playing at the local theater and we have been unable to go until tonight. It has been a long week for her!!!

We have had a crazy week, so we had much to accomplish if we were going to get to the theater. Throughout the day I kept saying, "Savannah, you are really going to have to get your stuff done, if you want to go see the movie." So, Savannah says to me, "Momma, it is not that I WANT to see it. I NEED to see it, because that is what my life is going to be like one day!" Fortunately, she was looking down in deep thought and focusing on what she was doing... She did not see my mouth drop open or the perplexed look on my face. You see, I know she has this dream to be a veterinarian/dog rescuer and own a business with her buddy, Mariah. They are very serious about it and have many plans laid out in their heads. BUT to make such a statement like, "that is what my life is going to be like one day!".... pretty deep for an eight year old!!!

I must say I do not remember having such goals at that age... I am very proud of my girl !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)