"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Journals They Can Really Call Their Own

I really want to encourage my kids to journal and we have many little journals/diaries aroung the house, but nothing that we have used for homeschooling since we began in November. So, we took an ordinary spiral notebook and one of their art pages (that I posted from last week) and simply glued it on with a glue stick wrapping the edges around to the inside cover. The tempera paint that they used to paint their flower pictures has a rough flakey texture, so I cut a piece of contact paper the size of the cover plus and extra inch to add durability to their journals. This was simple and quick and they were incredibly thrilled and went right to work coloring and writing in their journals! I in turn was thrilled! By the way, I bought these spirals during WMs back to school sale for 10 cents each and picked up a case of 20. Watch those type of sales and stock up for the year ... or longer!

I love that they can really call these "their own creation"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)