"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Friday, March 13, 2009

TV Time... When Time Allows

My TV time is few and far between these days. Simply put if I can't learn something from it to make my life easier then I just don't have time for it. There was a time when I only watched TV for fun, but that day is gone... long gone. Even then I could have lived without it. I do have my moments of TV addiction, since I do have it here. And in the last year or so I have learned that DVR is really the only way to watch TV. I tend to watch TV when I am rocking and nursing my babies and now that I am homeschooling I just have to skip the TV part and teach the other kids while I am rocking. Unless it is nighttime.... we have gotten into a routine of me rocking and nursing the baby and Cody putting the other three to bed. During that time I watch my DVR episodes that have accumulated through the week, if there are any.

And this is what I DVR (strange as it may be): The Duggar Family (currently "18 and Counting"), Kids By The Dozen, Jon & Kate Plus Eight, Wife Swap, Supernanny (not so much anymore), and the one and only just-for-entertainment one is Grey's Anatomy (although recently I am ashamed to admit it). The newest I will be adding to the list is Table for 12 premiering on the 23rd this month.

I am especially addicted to the The Duggar Family episodes. A must see is the "A Very Duggar Wedding" episode. They are an unusual remarkable family!