"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Great Grandma Is A Poet!


I meant to share this sooner, but it slipped my mind. I think I need to add this to our homeschool reading list. Walk Softly On The Autumn Leaves is a book of poetry written by my husband's grandmother and her twin sister. It seems like we would have been doing this already, but I will have to start. I am still and probably always will be ironing out the wrinkles in our homeschool regimen. Of all things can you imagine having the opportunity to teach your kids from a book of their great grandmother's poetry. It is wonderful I must say and such a beautiful legacy for these two women to leave behind. They actually got this book published. You can read more about them on their website and purchase the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)