"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm So Proud of ME !!

As long as I can remember I have wanted to learn to knit. For some reason I have always thought it would be hard. Maybe it was the TWO needles as opposed to one with crochet. A family friend taught me to crochet when I was eight years old and I guess I just never moved on. I made tons of things for my Barbies and baby dolls using a single stitch, double stitch, granny squares, and some "made-up" stitches. Even the crochet has been something I have not done as an adult because of the time commitment. I have to say that may be the case with knitting, as well. So far, I have a 3" X 4" piece... and what is it you say? To me it is just a learning piece.... to my girls it might get to be a Polly Pocket blanket (Barbie is too big... lol!)




I watched this clip on YouTube about a million times while rocking Sahara and about a million more times as I was trying to knit.... just absorbing it all. I started really sloppy and would get about 15 stitches on the needle and then, remove it and start again until it started feeling more natural. Also, at first I had to use my fingers to help it along, but that got better, too. Improvement was quite quick, so that was not frustrating and before long I was rocking right along. I even did some of it while rocking Sahara. As is the rule she awoke twice and had to be cuddled and rocked back out.... ya know, they seem to know when you are trying to accomplish something... Hehehe! As you can see above even "rocking right along" you don't get a lot for the work very quickly. BUT I do feel w~o~n~d~e~r~f~u~l just knowing that I FINALLY DID IT! I learned and will continue to play around with it and learn more. And a big thanks to http://www.youtube.com/ and http://www.cyberseams.com/ for having this stuff on the internet as tool for L~E~A~R~N~I~N~G ! If you have ever wanted to learn to knit, I encourage you to try it. For under $5 you can get a pair of needles and skein of yarn and the feeling of accomplishment is... PRICELESS ! I can't wait to teach my kids!

1 comment:

  1. how cute. i want to teach the kids to knit. they just learned to crochet!!! congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)