"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's Mine!

Do you ever get to thinking that something is yours? Like, this is my house and I can do things how I want at my house? Do you think that? I can have it my way! Or this is my blog and I can say what I want here. Do you tell yourself that? I did just that recently... not on the blog, but I said it to a friend. I said this was my "turf"so-to-speak and it was a place I could share my thoughts freely. I mean that to some degree, but God put a strong conviction on my heart over it. Mine? Yeah, it is mine... but I am God's, so that means that this blog is God's! How selfish was I to lay claim to it in such a way! Mine! Mine! Mine! Like a two year old being selfish... What would God think if that?!!!!

So, if you have noticed I have not been posting much lately it has been because I have been finding myself thinking twice about what I type here. Is it just "chatter"... I don't have time to waste on that. My family needs me and I need them! You don't have time to read my "chatter" either. I don't want my blogging to be a hindrance to me or you all. I am still going to blog and blog read, but I want to be more careful with it. I believe it is a valuable tool, if used properly.

So, I have to ask myself these questions?:
  • Why did I start? To try to make money at it, but I got sidetracked and decided I just enjoyed the therapy of it. No monetary profit has come from it.
  • What is my blog purpose? To find others like myself with children, homeschooling, Christian, etc. and to share ideas and support one another.
  • How much time am I spending on it? Too much! Blogging while rocking or holding a sleeping baby is okay for me and blogging maybe 30 minutes other than that is okay. Blogging to escape is not okay for me. I need too face my problems (or laundry) ... Hehehe!
  • Why not just quit? I think it is beneficial if I do not abuse it. I am going to try to improve on that and stay true to my purpose. Also, I treasure my blogger pals that I have met and am meeting.

So, this is not my "turf", it's God's "turf" and I intend to honor that to my best ability. And I do realize I have not posted pics lately, so I will try to do that soon.

3 comments:

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)