"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Friday, July 24, 2009

School Motto

I was working in our schoolroom today and was really thinking about "why we homeschool". It was as if in my head I was talking to my kids about it and I was saying, "I homeschool because I want to be with you." Instantly, I could picture us starting each day chanting it to each other with simple hand signals.
I homeschool
(point to self; arms outstretched and moving outward)
because I want to be with YOU!
(point to self; point to kids as kids point to you --be loud and excitable)

I think I could use a reminder each day of why we are homeschooling to help keep it in perspective. I realize many of you do not need this... and if you do you do not need an explanation of hand signals. ;) Sometimes though for some of us it is in the little things we do that help us keep our perspective.

Okay, we now have a School Motto and School Bible Verse, but I still have yet to give our school a name. They want be little forever, so Little Things Academy is just not gonna cut it... I'll keep thinking. Meanwhile, I would LOVE to know if your homeschool has a name. Come on... leave me a comment telling me your school name or cool ideas you have heard from others.

2 comments:

  1. oh this is such a good idea. a great way to keep this in the forefront of everyone's mind. And sooner or later it will be so engrained in them I am sure you will see relationships change because of the fruit in their lives.
    I want to see pictures of your school room!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara,
    My school room is messy chaos... just like me ;) I will do a post when I get a few more things done in there. Are you gearing up for conference? We are not planning to attend, but I am torn between wanting to and not having the energy for it.

    Anyway, with the school room I am constantly changing things in there. I like order and "everything in it's place", but I have to let it be fun, so that is a constant struggle for me. We have enough art and projects to keep us busy for a lifetime, but once I put it away it is out of sight out of mind. So, I am trying to organize with labeled bins (nothing fancy), so I "remember" to do the fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)