"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Pre-Packaged Ornament Kit Fun

All too often I think that sometimes we forget that it is OKAY to take the easy road sometimes. We don't have to whittle the wood to make homemade ornaments with our kids. And sometimes it is even better to just do it rather than worry about doing it well.... and you won't hear that from me often. I am a perfectionist and it is my worst personality trait. :)

I found this little kit at Michael's for $1 (each kit makes 3, so I used 2 kits). Notice we gave our angels haircuts to make a boy for Caden and left Daddy's bald. We have one angel for each member of our family and I wrote their name and year on the back. Super cute. I did use a glue gun, so this one required a bit of assistance.
These little wooden plaque ornaments are the most fun for the kids, because they do it all without assistance. Well, technically Caden did some scribble on his and Momma colored the rest for him. This was purchased at Michael's for $1 a kit (each kit comes with four wooden plaques with pre-attached string, four markers, two glitter glue tubes... we used 2 kits). Notice the little jingle bell snowman? We did that kit, too. I had to do most of this one because it was small and required hot glue... not a good choice for little kids, but would be great for teens. Kit makes 3.

All those for $5 and I didn't have to pre-cut foam and gather jingle bells, string, or whittle the wood! Love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)