"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thrift Store Homeschooling ;)

Let me just tell you, if you do not hang out at Garage Sales and Goodwill stores you are missing out!! Puzzles bigger than the kids... $1.99 ! Fun with puzzles... and gymnastics... PRICELESS!
I bought this puzzle a while back and had no idea how fabulous it was. I did not even realize it was five foot long. I just knew that it was a puzzle (check) and it was insects, which we would eventually study (check). It was a floor puzzle (check)... any kind of puzzle at our house is a winner. Seriously, my kids would work puzzles all day long, if I would let them. I try to incorporate all our puzzles in with the lessons we are working on. It is the one thing I do not have to beg them to do! LOL! When I am out and about and spot a puzzle bargain I snatch it up and stick it in our stash. I have gotten a lot of them for quarters even!
Look at all the detail in this puzzle. We all loved it! It was a fabulous find and a wonderful surprise when we took it out to study Insects. And for whatever reason it sparked a bit of gymnastics in Sierra. She even rolled head first down the length of the puzzle.
Look at the size of this thing....
And Savannah had to get in a pic, too. Savannah said her favorite thing about this puzzle was trying to match the mommas and the babies. So cool to hear what they are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)