"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blog Issues and The Big Reveal

First of all, it migt take me awhile to straighten out this blog mess I have here.  I think I have some old embedded html code from a prior layout that is causing my header portion to be all crazy looking.  Any tips would be much appreciated on how to fix it.  My new design elements are for http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ and I tried another website before this and had the same problem.  My old template was from TCBOTN, also and I remember entering the code in a different way than the simpler way they have now.  I just can't remember the more difficult other way, so that I might take out the old bad code elements... and I have searched every aspect of Blogger.  I am truly at a loss... and meanwhile my blog is stuck like this until further notice.

But on to the fun stuff.... Time to reveal the gender of this baby that I have finally been feeling kicking around in my belly as of tonight.  There were some slight bumps over the last week, but they were just too faint to say for sure.  Tonight this little one was kicking HER legs.  Did you catch that?.... It is another girl!  It seems that pink is the dominant color around here.  We found out on my little boys fourth birthday.  He has been dreaming of a "blue baby" that he wants to name "Blueberry", so I was very uncertain how he would react to the news.  I started not to tell the kids at all for fear of breaking Caden's little heart on his birthday.  In the end my husband was really pushing me to tell them and the kids were begging to know.  I took a little trip to the store and bought a sweet little pink sleeper outfit and I wrapped in up in birthday paper.  When I got how I told Caden he had a present to open, but this present was for our baby.  I asked him if he understood and he really did, so I proceeded to tell him that he would get to open it for the baby.  If the outfit inside was blue, then it was a boy and if it was pink, then it was a girl.  As he tore it out he saw that it was pink and started jumping around like crazy and shouting with pure excitement, "It's a girl baby!  It's a girl baby!"  I was pleasantly surprised by his reaction.  Sierra was a little pouty later because she wanted Caden to have a brother, but I told her he was happy and that was all that mattered.  It really doesn't matter what the gender is.  God sends us just what we need!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting. We have decided not to find out for the first time ever. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Shannon!!!! Glad you're little fellow is excited to be her big brother.

    I wish I could offer you some assistance on your blog troubles! I see you have the new blogger templates and I haven't a clue what to do with the different code. It's hard to google your problems because there aren't a lot of helpful posts out there yet because it's new. Could you switch back to minima? Does TCBOTB have directions to go with your layout for minima?

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! That's so exciting to find out. I wish I could help on the blog issues but I'm looking to revamp mine too and have no clue. I keep thinking I'll wait until I have more free time...ha! Glad you are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)