"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Radish Roots and God

I posted about growing radishes here.  I wanted to show I pic of the radishes that I picked today.  So far I have harvested this small bunch and a another bunch like this.  They are HOT, so I am not certain what I am going to do with them.  They are so beautiful, but I am a wimp when it comes to spicy food.  I love radishes, but not when they are hot.  With the first bunch I did not keep the leaves, but tomorrow I will inspect my leaves and possibly have a salad with these in it.  Even if I don't end up eating the radishes I think I am going to continue planting them for fun and maybe just use the leaves in salad.  I am sure I can find someone to share the actual radishes with.  Again, I think it is amazing that they grow mostly above ground with that long root anchoring it down into the soil while it grows.  It makes me think of how little God requires of us to anchor us to Him.  That single little root supports that big round ball and massive leaf structure.  All we need is that tiny little bit of faith for God to anchor us down.  We are His and that is a great feeling. 

1 comment:

  1. Are radishes usually hot? I've never really eaten the bulb part. I was given a huge bag full a few years ago and my husband's granny and I washed them all, chopped up the leaves and added them to a big pot of water, sliced onions, red potatoes, bacon, and added in garlic powder, salt, and pepper. It tasted great! Only problem was, we tossed the bulb part. She hated the taste of radish bulb, but we used the radish leaves ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)