"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Irony Of This Qoute

Sahara is just a tiny little thing is this pic from a couple of years ago. 
 

"America's future will be determined by the home and the school. The child becomes largely what he is taught; hence we must watch what we teach, and how we live." - Jane Addams

I recieved this via email from a school supply source. The email newsletter is mostly geared toward public schools, so the irony of this comment is a bit comical to this homeschooling momma. ;)  It is a great qoute and one that can not be overlooked.

"America's future will be determined by the home and the school. ..." This does apply to us doesn't it?! I am sure this was probably a qoute about public schools, but it is so true about homeschooling isn't it?! It is a GREAT responsibility to bear. It is also a WONDERFUL thing to know we can shape "America's future" in a Biblical way.

"... The child becomes largely what he is taught; ..." They do.... that says it all.

"... hence we must watch what we teach, and how we live." Hmmmm... back to that GREAT responsibility part I mentioned above.

Just a little something to think about....

1 comment:

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)