"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Preparing for the Unexpected







I feel like I should post here about something that has been on my mind.  And I mean like on my mind NOW..... in an urgent way.  I have some concerns that I will not go into.  What I want to say is this... prepare.  Prepare to be able to provide the basic needs of your family for, at the very least, a week.  If you can, prepare for a month or longer... really I think you would be wise to prepare for a year or longer.  Basic needs... food, water, items that are needs to you... prepare to have a heat source for cold days.  Prepare to be able to grow food or find food... have a source for food production like hens for their eggs or goats/cow for milk or rabbits for meat.  We have rabbits for pets, but I am thinking that if I was starving they would be dinner.... not to sound creepy, but most people are not going to come take your rabbits in the first phase of desperation.  I think they would go after your chickens first because they are "normal" food.  Stock up on some seeds... even if you don't normally garden.  

I feel like something big is coming... maybe as early as a week from now.  Sounds crazy?  Yes, it sure does.  I hope I am way off on this.  At any rate I don't want to look back and wish I had told a few people... or more.  

Mostly, make sure you have your Bible and several copies of it with you.  Read it!  Print out a chronological listing.  Gather up a Revelation study to have on hand to read.  Watch for the signs that are there.  Read the wisdom and teach it to your kids.

If you are prepared for the unexpected and it never happens the worst you have done is be prepared.  Don't let it make you crazy, but prepare.  You never know when you need it.  And it will never hurt to have the reassurance that you have done what you can.  And tell others to prepare.  Blessings to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)