"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Growing Giggles and Garden Inspiration






Sierra, 9, at Shangri La Gardens in Orange, Texas in the children's garden

Grow giggles!
Are you growing some giggles?
Sierra sure looks like she is thinking about something giggle worthy!
I love theses garden people she is hanging out with.  
The little one is named "Sprout".
.... Because he/she is the little "sprout". So cute!
I love how the old rubber boots have Spanish Moss growing out the top...
and the bushy head the parent has.  
They are certainly all giggle worthy.

All of the gardens here are beautiful and well thought out, but the children's garden is the most inspiring to me.  They have beautiful raised bed gardens and what makes them beautiful is the abundance of growing herbs and vegetables.  And everything is there for you to enjoy... and I don't mean to just look at.  You can observe it, touch it, smell it, and EAT it.  I always feel like I am doing something wrong, but they freely pick it and hand it out to you to sample and encourage you to pick and eat as you please.  

Caden is pumping water while Sahara observes.  

I love the way the raised beds are surrounded by pea gravel .  There is another row of raised beds like this to the right of the paved walkway.  To the left is the Orchid greenhouse.  Behind us is a large herb garden, an children's "potting shed" playhouse area with little lawn chairs for the kids, and a dirt pit for them to shovel and dig in.  Even with just this tiny glimpse you can clearly see how inspiring these gardens are.  

So, what are you planting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)