"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Getting the Day Off to a Good Start: Sticking to The Plan


Let me just say that having a solid plan works.  It is not always fun, but it does work.  My days with all my crew go so much better when we follow the rules.  So, here is a little peak into how our "little" family does it on the days that we don't bend the rules:

Hubby is up between 6:00-6:30 a.m. and it varies because he is a snooze master.  He is going to hit that snooze button as much as he can get by with.  Ha!

I am sometimes up before him and sometimes I sleep a bit longer, but for the most part I am an early riser.  No alarm or snooze button required. 

After my hubby dresses he awakens the two older ones to get their day started.  This is what they are supposed to do:
  • Dress, do hair, etc.
  • Feed animals (depending on weather we sometimes do this a little later since we have systems set up to provide constant water and food for the animals)
  • Start their schooling
 Hubby goes to work approximately 7:00 a.m..

I let my littles wake up on their own since they do not have heavy work loads and I think little kids need rest.  Usually, I have some early risers and some that sleep late.

When everyone is awake we have breakfast together.

After that each person has there own order.  The older girls do their schooling and come to me as needed for assistance.  My little play and we randomly gather for school.  Sienna tags along and plays or colors mostly during the littles (K and 1st grade) school time. 

Usually I have some laundry going and I clean at things all day long.... all day... never ending.  ;)

Mostly school should be done by lunch, but is not always.  Lunch is usually at noon.

The afternoon continues with completing what needs to be completed (school or whatever).

Dinner is sometime between 5:00-7:00 p.m. and I like it to be on the early side of that, but as life has changed I have had to realize that some rules have to bend or I will stress out over dinner. 

This is just our basic schedule.  I know it lacks detail, but it is a glimpse of how our days go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)