"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Monday, February 8, 2016

THM, Me, and Greek Yogurt


So, going back in time a year ago I had this little list of new foods and products to try.  One of the items on that list was Greek yogurt.  I made my purchase and came home fully prepared to convince my taste buds to like it.  I tried... Really, I did... and then, I gave that container to a friend that likes Greek yogurt.  I tried it with sweetener and fruit.  I tried it as a substitute for sour cream.  I was just not feeling it.  It had to go.  I gave up.

I bought Oikos Triple Zero yogurts and those were hard for me to like.  If I squirted a bit of whipping cream in them I could tolerate them but I was far from being in love.  It was more of a back up plan item for me.  I kept a few on hand for moments when I needed something on the go.  

Time passed and I started to realize my taste buds were changing quite a bit.  I slowly stopped adding the whipped cream to my Triple Zero.  I still was not a super big fan of the Triple Zero but it was tolerable.  Before long I decided I was ready to make my own version of Triple Zero that way I could get rid of the chalky taste and possibly tinker with the stevia because I have a minor allergy after eating them.  By this time I had discovered that I like Truvia better than the other sweetener choices available.  I began to make parfaits out of Plain Greek Yogurt, Smuckers Simply Fruit jam or Polaner's All Fruit jam, and fresh strawberries and blueberries, and a Truvia packet.  I began to really like this and not only did it become one of my breakfast options it also became my dessert of choice especially when I added 1/3 of a diced up banana.  Often I top it with unsweetened toasted oats that I make.  As the blueberry and strawberry seasons ended I started dicing up 5 to 7 grapes in place of those and no longer adding the jams.  My summer and fall yogurts are different than my spring season yogurts.  The thing is... I like the Greek yogurt now.  Honestly, I don't always need the sweetener anymore. 

The point here is that it is a journey.  My taste buds had to adjust and my body had to detox.  If you try something that you don't like, give it a little while and try it , again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)