(I lost 30 pounds in my first four months and dropped from a size 14 to 8 jean size.)
- The "Building Blocks" was one of the best things ever for me. Even though I had read the whole first book (skimming through the recipe section) I would easily get confused on some details. The "Building Blocks" walks you through building a meal. These pages can be found in the "files" section of the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook page. I can not post the actual pages here since they are not mine to share.
- Allowing myself to use a few "food alternative options" that are not as healthy but not the worst choices ever. THM refers to these as frankenfoods. My favorites area Mission Low Carb tortillas, Ole Low Carb Tortillas, Joseph's Lavash Bread (which is really a wrap and not what you think of as "bread"). I also use Breyer's Carb Smart ice cream when I really want indulge.
- I don't box myself into thinking I have to do this like everyone else. I don't drink Good Girl Moonshine and I don't make all the multi-ingredient sweet treats. There is nothing wrong with that if you like it but for me I find that it is easier for me to focus on the savory food item options and not the sweets.
- I don't try to do Fuel Pull Cycles although I am certainly in the time frame of allowing myself that option. I do not like the feel of that many rules for me personally.
- I don't try to do a certain amount of S meals or E meals. I just switch it up. Sometimes I will have and all E meal day or an all S meal day but most of the time I have a variety throughout each day. I also don't call it E or S meals.... it helps my mind if I call the "S"atisfying meal a "fat" meal and the "E"nergizing meal a "carb" meals.