"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Trim Healthy Mama & Me: Refocus


There is a reason why I am on a health plan.  I have bad habits and make poor choices.  I have done so well on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, so you would think I would know it works and just do it.  Nope.... although I have stuck with it I have gotten very laxed after losing my first major goal of 30 pounds lost.  I actually lost another 5+ but I got too comfortable and we did some traveling.  During that travel time I made some really poor choices.  I let myself keep having cheats here and there and they finally caught up with me,  Try as I may I just could not get my focus back but last week I made a recommitment to making better choices and stopping the excuses.  I also am not going to be weighing for awhile.  I have discovered that I use that scale the wrong way.  If I don't lose weight, I tell myself it is impossible even though I know better.  And, if I do lose weight, I tell myself that I that the cheats won't hurt.  Of course, I know that is wrong, too. 

I have been back on track for one week now.  I can't tell my scale progress since I am not weighing but I am focusing on my commitment level right now.  I will call my week a success even though it was not perfect.  I had a couple of "moments" but I quickly reminded myself to focus on my goals. 

One thing that really helps is to have some quick meal options available.  One of my favorite things is a little
Fast Food Sue meal.  This is simply slices of Hormel Naturals ham with cheese sprinkled on it and heated in the microwave for one minute and thirty seconds (1:30).  Pair this with some strawberries and this is a great breakfast or small lunch.  Adding avocado onto the ham makes it even better.  I eat these as a finger food like little tacos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)