"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

MTHFR & Plexus

A couple of years ago after my third of four miscarriages I was advised to have genetic testing.  The results came back confirming that I had two copies of the MTHFR gene.  What this means is that my body does not rid itself of toxins that enter into the body like a normal non-MTHFR person.  Those toxins store up and lead to a higher risk of heart problems, miscarriages, allergies, asthma and the list could seriously fill a page.  Just trust me when I say it's not a good thing.

If the body cannot rid itself of the toxins that "enter into it" then, the way to control MTHFR is to focus on what is "entering into the body".  How do most things "enter into the body"?... By eating and taking vitamins and supplements that you may be consuming.  The biggest thing to watch out for is folic acid and B12.  These vitamins are mostly synthetic (man-made) and are being added into our foods.  If the food label says the word "enriched" that means vitamins have been added in.  That means the MTHFR person can't safely eat those items.  That's a lot of items! The only safe thing to do is eliminate those things from the diet and consume only foods with natural forms of those vitamins.

Vitamin supplements are mostly made with "folic acid" rather than natural "folate" and even if they are made with natural they are often labeled incorrectly and you just don't know anyway.  A good example of the labeling faults is to look at the nutrition information for green beans.  It will list "folic acid" but we know this is actually the naturally occurring "folate".  For this reason unless it says it is natural folate in the vitamins and supplements these items should be avoided.  I haven't taken vitamins in over two years because it is really so confusing.  I am now taking Plexus X-Factor vitamins.  This vitamin supplement has been specially formulated and is not made with synthetic vitamins.  I am not only taking it, I have decided to join the company so if you are interested you can order through my website at www.littlethingstx.myplexusproducts.com .  Read more about X-Factor on the website.  I am thrilled to finally be able to take vitamins, again. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi there, so a friend of mine just started Plexus, and she has 1 MTHFR gene mutation. She says she is feeling much worse off and thinks it's due to the catechols in the green coffee bean extract in the slim drink. Apparently, catechols block methylation pathways?? She wants to quit taking it all! Have you had any trouble with the slim drink? Do you think it's more likely a candida die off reaction from the ProBio5?? Should she keep trying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did she ever answer you? I'd love to know the answer

      Delete
    2. I recently noticed the the probio 5 has B6 in it and it’s not methylated. This was spiking my B6 reading in my blood. This could be why your friend is having an issue.

      Delete

  2. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
    visit website to learn more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just diagnosed (tested) for the MTHFR mutation. I showed my naturopath the Plexus supplements I was taking...she told me to stop taking the Slim immediately. She liked what she saw in the X-factor plus, but told me that the BioCleanse is not the right type of Magnesium (she switched me to Magnesium glycinate).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m Stephanie Brown, I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B 4 years ago, I lived in pain with the knowledge that I wasn't going to ever be well again. I have used several antiviral medications including Entacavir, lamivudine but this could not fight the virus off me rather I got side effects of fever, muscle and joint pain. After  spending so much money on antiviral drugs but I never get better. I made research on the internet for herbal medicine. AS I was determined to get my lifestyle back and to be able to do things I am restricted from doing, I saw a lady’s post on how Herbal Dr. JAMES cured her of HIV with his herbal mix medicine. I contacted the same Doctor through his email....greatcureman@gmail.com....we spoke, I told him all that I have been going through, and he told me not to worry that everything will be better again, so he prepared his herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier company and told me the usage, after 21 days of completing the herbal medicine, I was totally free from Hepatitis B, I went to see a doctor for a blood test, After taking a sample of my blood for the test the result came out negative, I just can’t deny that I’m the happiest woman on earth this very moment, I’m so happy and thanks to Herbal Doctor JAMES,He also told me he cures  diseases   such as Alzheimer's disease, schizophrenia, Autism. Bipolar disorder,  Shingles, Melasma, Underactive thyroid, Melanoma, Cancer, Weak Erection, Wart Remover, HPV, Herpes, Fibromyalgia, HIV, Hepatitis b,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy, Fibroid, Diabetes,COPD, Back pain, Nephrotic syndrome,Infertility.Cardiovascular diseases.lung diseasesContact him on his email and get rid of your diseases, he is a good  man  Email....Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)