"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

PANIC !!!!

Caden had a 104.0 temp at 3:00 PM and I am working it down. I just checked him (3:30 PM) and it is down to 103.7, so I am happy to see the numbers going down.

Do you panic when the kids are sick and the temps run high? I don't. And strangely I think that somehow that is when it all comes into perspective to me. It's the seriousness that calms in a strange way. It's in that moment that everything stops and I focus only on what is important. I'm talking about temps here, but I am also talking about the various trials in our lives. It is in the toughest of times that we define ourselves. Your either going to panic and make a huge mess of it or your going to come to that calm place where you can draw strength and get through it.

Sometimes we find that calm easily. Other times we have to work hard at it.

Be intentional... Be purposeful.... work hard to find the calm.

Does it sound like I am experienced in this? Is that intimidating to you? Do NOT be intimidated because this is a huge struggle for me and therefore, very easy to write about! ;) I could write a book on homeschool panic, but I am learning to calm myself down, step back, focus on the big picture, the important things. I have to work on this from moment to breathing moment... seriously! If I can do it, you can to! Let's do it.

1 comment:

  1. We will be praying for you all. I know that it is rough when one of the family members is sick. We can't seem to shake the sinus congestion this winter season.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)