"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Monday, January 25, 2010

What Would You Miss If It Was The End Of The World?

We were driving along in the car a couple of days ago and Cody said something about the year 2012 being the end of the Mayan calendar and discussing a recent DVD he watched called "The Star of Bethlehem". Way back in the back of the van Savannah (9) thought her daddy said that 2012 would be the end of the world. She blew us away with what she said! She started her sentence with, "That's not fair!! I haven't even gotten to...."



But first, what we thought she was about to say:

"...be a teenager, yet."

"...have a boyfriend."

"...have some new toy."



What she said was,"That's not fair!! I haven't even gotten to have babies, yet!"



I am sharing this for the comic value, but I have to say I am very proud to hear what she truly values!! It means that we have accomplished one of our goals and that our children will know what a blessing children are rather than what a burden the world sees them as.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)