"Enjoy the LITTLE THINGS in life for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things."


Pages

What blog is about Intro

Come on in and sit awhile while I talk about the "Little Things" in life. I will share my journey of everyday life.... homeschooling, raising my children, homesteading, gardening, health and wellness, and real life.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

What The Kids Are Getting For Christmas

Since I posted about what the kids all want for Christmas, I thought I might post about what they are actually getting this year.  I have the shopping done for them, so there should be no changes.  I am not just posting this to tell the world about their presents.  It will serve as a great reminder for me of what they are getting.  I was thinking that it might also serve as ideas for others out there that need ideas for their own children.  Or there may be families out there that wonder what a family with four kids buy their children. 

First of all, I want to say that we don't set a dollar amount for spending.  On average it probably turns out to be $50 a child, but we don't focus on that.  Last year I think we spent under $30 on one of the kids and $70 on another.  And I don't worry about that because my main focus is on getting something that is their "heart's desire" (heart's desire item = an item that will make them really happen... even if it is not something they asked for).  My kid's have never gotten a really large ticket item from us and I don't want to set the expectation that they are entitled to that.  The grandparents have done some pricey gifts, but that is out of my control and not something that thrills me. 

THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT THEY WILL GET FOR CHRISTMAS (approximate cost is included just for curiousities sake):
Savannah:
Rapunzel Barbie (Tangled) with Forest Friends that braid the hair ($34)
One of the Barbie Flaries from the Barbie Fashion Fairytale Movie (Shyne, Shimmer, or Glimmer) ($10)
One of the Littlelest Pet Shop Pet Sitter Sets ($13)
PJs ($4... special purchase)

Sierra:
Fashion Fairytale Barbie with light-up wings ($20)
One of the Barbie Flaries from the Barbie Fashion Fairytale Movie (Shyne, Shimmer, or Glimmer) ($10)
One of the Littlelest Pet Shop Pet Sitter Sets ($13)
PJs ($4... special purchase)

Caden:
Blue Guitar ($32... to replace the well-loved one that he wore completely out)
Fisher Price Whirling Airplane ($10)
Blow Up Punching Bag ($4)
PJs -- Two sets ($4 each... special purchase)

Sahara:
Pink Cowboy Boots ($12.... Yes!  At the Dollar General Store!... and soft rubbery soles!)
Pink Ukelele ($10... so she will have a "mini-guitar" like brother)
One of the Barbie Flaries from the Barbie Fashion Fairytale Movie (Shyne, Shimmer, or Glimmer) ($10... so she will get a big girl doll like her two sisters... and was easier to buy all three dolls than deliberate over which to get)
PJs ($4... special purchase)

Stockings will have various age appropriate things in the them.  The older three have some $1 craft kits, bubble gum tape, novelty chocolates, funky socks, ring pop suckers, or whatever seemed fitting.  Sahara's will have a tiny cheap baby doll in it, a novelty chocolate, and ring pops. 

I think they are going to be thrilled!

ooohhhh... also, I picked up some funky toe socks for my older two, so that will be an "extra"... I could not resist!  And I got a $10 Nativity Scene Set!  I could not pass that up either, because I have not been able to find a Nativity set at all locally. 

Look at me.... I seem to be posting this week.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and suggestions! I read them all and I am so thrilled you are taking the time out of your busy life to share your words with me! --Shannon

Note: If you ask a question, check back here in the comments for my answer or check the little box so it goes directly to your email (if available). (This way others who have the same question will be able to read the answer!)